Do you dare to hope when there’s no reason to hope? Do you dare to hope when your life as you’ve known it has been taken over by a razing storm? Do you dare to hope when life has become bitterness and poison?
I hope so. I’ve been there. Everything but God was taken from me. But God was more than enough. I can testify that God is faithful. That’s why I can assure you: God will also see you through the storm. No matter how razing it is.
The memory of my suffering and homelessness is bitterness and poison.
20 I can’t help but remember and am depressed.
21 I call all this to mind—therefore, I will wait.
22 Certainly the faithful love of the Lord hasn’t ended; certainly God’s compassion isn’t through!
23 They are renewed every morning. Great is your faithfulness.
24 I think: The Lord is my portion! Therefore, I’ll wait for him.
(Lamentations 3:19-24, CEB,*)
Dare to hope when it feels all is gone.
– Our feelings can easily fool us. But the visible world is not all there is. God is at work behind the scenes even when we doubt it.
Dare to hope when you don’t understand.
– God’s ways are wiser than ours. God’s timing is different that ours. God is in control no matter what.
Dare to hope when you are down and depressed.
– God is always with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. And when you have God, you have everything.
Dare to hope because God is good.
– God has a plan for you. And that plan is to bless you and keep you in his grace.
Dare to hope because the faithful love of God never ends.
– God’s love never quits. You can rest in his grace and wait for good.
Dare to hope because God is bigger than any storm.
– When all is said and done, God will hold you in his arms.
Dare to hope.
Wait for good.
Because God is faithful and his mercy is new every morning.
Thank you for being our hope.
Thank you for being faithful.
Thank you for raising us up.
Thank you for renewing mercy every morning.
In Jesus’ name,
Q4U: Have you dared to hope in the midst of hardships? How did you get through?
Be blessed, my fellow pilgrim, as you dare to hope despite of everything!
* [As you might have noticed, I enjoy reading the Bible in different translations and love comparing them. I have started linking the Bible verses to Biblegateway.com so you can easily read (and compare) them in the different versions I’ve used while preparing each post.]