Last week I started blogging through Mary DeMuth‘s and Frank Viola‘s brand new book The Day I Met Jesus: The reavealing diaries of five women in the gospels. The woman of the second diary is found in Luke 7:36-50.
I’ve always been in awe of the woman who wet the feet of Jesus with her tears and wiped them with her hair and soothed his feet with perfume. Would I dare? Do I love Jesus as much as she did?
After I read the diary of this woman written by Mary DeMuth I am humbled. We so easily forget how much suffering other people have had to endure. We truly should extend more compassion to whom we meet.
Frank Viola points out there’s a sinner loving God and a self-righteous judging God in the story. We live the same story in our lives too. We need to decide whether we want to love God and his people or judge him and his people.
Frank writes “the sober reality is that self-righteousness will bar many from the kingdom of God”. Something to think about this season of spiritual spring cleaning. Do we think we are beyond needing forgiveness?
Shame on us. If we claim, “We don’t have any sin,” we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us (1 John 1:8, CEB)
And pity on us. The one who is forgiven little loves little (Luke 7:4t, CEB)
We truly need to meet Jesus every day of our lives. Because he is the only one who can save us from ourselves. Jesus is the only one who can pour out grace upon grace on us. Only when we are grace-filled, we are ready to meet the world with God’s love. And that’s the Jesus way to live. Time to leave self-righteousness at the foot of the cross?
Forgive me for judging others
and falling for self-righteousness.
I should know better.
Pour our grace upon grace, Lord.
Show us what it is to love much.
We want to leave our self-righteousness
at the foot of the cross.
In Jesus’ name,
Q4U: Do you struggle with self-righteousness?
Be blessed, my fellow pilgrim, as you learn to love much!
!!! This Special Offer Ends on Tuesday!!!
Buy The Day I Met Jesus from Parable.com between March 3 and March 17 and get these exclusive bonuses as our gift to you:
1. An exclusive audio interview where Mary and Frank give a behind-the-scenes look at all the facets of the book. The interview covers where the idea of the book came from, why the authors wrote the book, what it was like collaborating, the hardest part about writing it, and much more.
2. Mary’s Book Beautiful Battle in Kindle & Nook.
3. Frank’s Book, Rethinking Spiritual Growth in PDF, Kindle, and Nook.
4. A never-before-released audio conference message entitled “A Woman Inside of a Man” by Frank.
5. Mary’s Book What To Do After People Poop on You in PDF.
6. A never-before-released audio conference message entitled “He’s Not Ashamed to Call Them Brothers and Sisters” by Frank.
7. A 15% discount off The Day I Met Jesus Master Course.
NOTE: Your bonuses will be sent from Alicia or Tiffany at parable.com via email 24-48 hours after you make your purchase. Keep an eye on your spam/junk folder or “Promotions” tab (if you use Gmail) if you don’t see it within 48 hours.Pin It