How has your new year started? Are you reaching your goals? Or are you again doing the same old same old? It is hard to change. Especially, if we try to change on our own. Self-help does not work in long run. We need something more, we need God’s power. Blessedly, that is what God wants to give to his children. God wants to empower us to become what he has created us to be. We are called to live intentionally in Christ like we truly believe what we say we believe. Because if we are not intentional about living in Christ, we unintentionally conform to the pattern of this world. Make your own choices before others make choices for you. If you are not where you want to be, start living an intentional life with God.
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. (Romans 12:2, NLT,*)
Live intentionally in Christ
If God has given you a saving faith, start living it out intentionally. Live like you truly believe the promises of God. Don’t waste your life drifting around. Billy Graham has sad “The choice we face (in life) is between empty self-indulgence and meaningful activity.” I choose the latter and I hope you do too. God has plans for you. And they are far better than even your best dreams. Okay, how to live intentionally in Christ, you ask. Let’s see.
- Surrender your life to God. Daily.
- Make God a priority in your life.
- Schedule time with God and always keep it.
- Ask God what are his plans for you.
- Keep open communication with Jesus all day long, every day.
- Learn to listen to the Holy Spirit and obey the promptings you get.
- Ask for help, let God empower you to his service.
- Walk step by step with God and your future will fold according to his plan for you.
- Trust God and his promises. Base your life on them.
- Praise him 24/7.
When we live intentionally in Christ, changes in our lives just happen. Then it’s not us forcing change, it’s the Holy Spirit working in us. We can’t see the difference in a few weeks but when we keep on living out our faith, the change will come. God wants you to become happy and fruitful. He wants to shower you with spiritual gifts and lasting peace. God wants you to learn to know his will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Teach us to live intentionally in Christ.
We want to be 100% yours,
we want to know your will for us
and we want to live according to it.
Inspire us, empower us, enable us
to live all of our days intentionally in Christ.
In Jesus’ name,
Q4U: Do you live intentionally in Christ? What does it mean to you? How do you live your faith out?
Be blessed, my fellow pilgrim, as you live intentionally in Christ!
* [As you might have noticed, I enjoy reading the Bible in different translations and love comparing them. I have started linking the Bible verses toBiblegateway.com so you can easily read (and compare) them in the different versions I’ve used while preparing each post.].